RESERVED FOR BART
Handmade Wood Box Locking Morado/Bolivian Rosewood with Maple Lid Trim, Handle and Corner Splines. This multi-purpose Box could be used as a Valet Box, Keepsake Box, Gun Box, Trinket Box, Secretary Box, Jewelry Box, or a Tea Box. The Lift Out Tray and the Adjustable, Removable Dividers make it very diverse.
The color and grains in this Morado/Bolivian Rosewood are SO beautiful! Very, very beautiful in person. Unique. Especially the piece I used on the Lid. The Handle and Corner Splines are Maple. Nice contrast that dresses her up a bit as if she needed it. A box anyone would be proud to display.
I through a few items in the box in the last picture to give you a idea of the size. It's a great box for locking up important papers or if you have children around for safety locking up your prescription drugs or your self defense pistol.
As you can see this Large Beautiful Box could serve many purposes and it's not something you need to hide. It is a perfect size to display and use in any room in your home or office. It could be used to hide those annoying bills out of sight. Or a place to put things you use daily like your Jewelry, phone, keys, wallet, etc. It's a multipurpose box. Built to last. It also makes the Perfect Gift.
It's a Handcrafted Piece of Art that can serve Many Purposes for Generations.
- A Mortised Key Lock. It has a attractive Brass Escutcheon Plate and Skeleton Key.
Built to Last. I used Spines to attach the top of the Lid to the Sides, Front and Back. I dado the bottom and glue it in. I use Titebond ll Alphatic Resin to glue up this box. I give both sides of EVERY piece and joint a coat of this glue. The Alphatic Resin is Stronger than the wood. Built to last many, many years.
- The Polished Brass Quadrant Hinges hold the lid open at a approx 95 Degree angle.
Inside there is a Lift Out Tray. I made the handle swivel up and down, out of the way to give more space for larger items without a handle in the way.
- Below the Tray is a large section that is 10” Long, 8” Wide and 2 1/4” high. It comes with 2 dividers for the lower section. I made the dividers snug, but Removable. You can also adjust how large or small you want each section. This makes this box a 'Multipurpose' Box. Not everyone's 'Treasures' are the same size, but with the adjustable or removable dividers this does give the user many options. A legal size envelope is 9 1/2” long so it does make a good 'Secretary Box'. In a hundred years from now who knows what it'll be used for.
- The Box Measures 11 5/8” Long, 9 1/2” Wide and 5” Tall. Large enough to hold many treasures or a large something of value, but small enough to find room for on any shelve, counter, table, etc. Display it with pride.
- I used a few coats of Kelly Moore's Semi-Gloss Precatalyzed Clear Lacquer on the outside and inside. I sand lightly with 220 grit between coats for a smooth finish.
This box would be a great gift for the person that has everything. I'm sure that the person that received this gift would think of you every time they used or looked at the box.
I signed and dated this box on the bottom.
$20 USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate Shipping with Insurance and Tracking in the Continental U.S.
Outside the Continental U.S. Please Contact me for Shipping Costs
1 business day
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 5 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 14 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.